Mumbai: This year’s much awaited Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) lottery for 819 houses is set to be held on November 10. Buyers can visit the MHADA website for submitting their application.
The final date for registration on the website is October 21. The authority will accept online payments and Demand Drafts till October 24 and 25 respectively. Officials said that the advertisements which includes the details of the lottery will be out on Friday. What comes as a shock is that the housing body which is established to provide affordable housing to the poor section has the least number of houses this year. In this year’s lottery, the authority has reserved the lowest number of houses for the weaker section and the highest number of houses for the Higher Income Group.
There are only eight houses for the Economic Weaker Section located at Pratiksha Nagar- Sion, Mankhurd Chandivali, Magathane- Borivali, wehereas, the Lower Income Group has 192 houses located in areas like Kannamvar Nagar Vikhroli, Charkop-Kandivali, Siddharth Nagar- Goregaon, Chandivali, Mankhurd, Malvani- Malad.
The Middle Income Group and the Higher Income Group have 281 and 338 houses reserved. The MIG flats are located at Pratiksha Nagar, Unnat Nagar, Charkop, Siddharth Nagar and Gaikwad Nagar at Malad, whereas, the HIG flats are located in plush localities of Lower Parel, Tunga-Powai, Charkop-Kandivali and Shimpoli-Kandivali.
- Cricket’s lost talents! Salil Ankola: Test debut with Tendulkar, and now an actor
- Bollywood’s Forgotten Stars: 10 interesting facts to know about Vansh actress Ekta Sohini
- Rani Lakshmi Bai: TV actresses pay tribute to queen of Jhansi on her birthday!
- Chef special: Interesting hotdogs you must try
- Restrictions defied in Srinagar to attend militant’s funeral