Mumbai: A 3km non-signalling trail run was conducted on August 15 from Wadala to Acharya Atre Nagar on Mono Phase 2. Train number 9 used for the trial run started at 8:31am from Wadala and reached Acharya Atre Nagar via GTB Nagar and Antop Hill stations around 8:44am.
The train began its return journey at 8.47 am and concluded at 9 am. The train concluded its return journey achieving the speed at 15 kmph.
The mono phase 2 is on its final stage of completion and is being supervised under Roshan Stanislaus, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Scomi Engineering, Mathew Varughese, Head-Operations of Scomi Engineering and Ramchandra Dambal, Head-Electricals at L&T. The second phase of monorail consists of 11 stations from Wadala Depot to Jacob Circle. It would be constructed at a cost of Rs1,900 crore.
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI seeks dismissal of PIL over Amit Shah’s discharge
- Mumbai: 2 arrested for stealing CMO official’s purse, mobile phone
- Government launches ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for giving security clearance to businesses
- There will be no Hindutva without Muslims in India: Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Multiple instrument failures, low on fuel’, Air India pilot says before landing plane at US airport