Mumbai Metro 3 line (Colaba-bandra-Seepz) work is in full swing, so to avoid traffic in South Mumbai, traffic police have also made few temporary arrangements of traffic routes till the completion of the first phase of work and for the smooth regulations vehicular traffic on the roads. MMRCL that is carrying out construction work for total 6 Metro stations in South Mumbai and western suburbs have made several changes on total six routes where the metro station are being built. The Metro-3 line will have Hutatma Chowk station on DN Road, Kalbadevi and Girgaum station on JSS Road and Worli station on Dr Annie Besant Road.
* There will be no left turn for any vehicle coming from Veer Nariman Road and MG Road at Hutatma Chowk Junction towards DN Road. These curbs apply day and night and stay till the work gets over, whenever that is. The northbound stretch of DN Road from Hutatma junction to Purushottamdas Thakurdas Marg junction will be closed to all traffic.
* Vehicles coming from Sir Phiroze Shah Mehta Road can’t take a right to DN Road.
* Vehicles can’t be parked between Hutatma junction and CST. There will be no parking on Sir Phiroze Shah Mehta Marg and Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg Junction.
* Commuters travelling from Veer Nariman Road towards DN Road can take a left from CTO junction towards OCS junction via KB Patil Marg, from where they can head towards Hajarimal Somani Marg or Metro Junction via Bombay Gymkhana Corner and MG Road.
* Those who are travailing on Sir Phiroze Shah Marg, can go straight via Maharshi Dadhichi Marg and take a right from MG Road junction towards Hajarimal Somani Marg or Metro junction via MG Road and further straight.-Inputs from HindustanTimes