Mumbai: A minor girl in Marathwada region of Maharashtra has attempted suicide after an obscene video clip featuring her went viral on social media, police said. “Relatives of the girl have said the culprits who made the clip, used it to blackmail her,” Latur’s Additional SP Lata Fad said.
“The girl, who was staying at Udgir in Latur district with a friend for study, had allegedly developed close relations with a boy she used to meet for study-related work,” the police official said. “The boy made a video clip and used to blackmail her. The girl’s relatives have told us that was the reason for her consuming poison and trying to end her life,” Fad said.
Police have formed three teams to nab the culprits. The girl, who consumed poison yesterday, is undergoing treatment at a local hospital in Udgir. Meanwhile, a 21-year-old girl in Aurangabad ended her life, as she was allegedly fed up with incessant eve teasing. The girl, who lived in CIDCO area of the city consumed poison two days ago and succumbed today, police said.
- NASA to conduct contest to name next Mars rover in 2019
- ‘I would love to be trained by Saina Nehwal’, Shraddha Kapoor starts prep for the badminton player’s biopic
- Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal Engagement Bash: Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas, Janhvi Kapoor as attendees
- Rafale deal: PM Modi, Anil Ambani carried out ‘Surgical Strike’ on defence forces, says Rahul Gandhi
- Sunny Leone was offered a role in ‘Game of Thrones’, but she didn’t take it