On Friday, some group of residents between Bandra and Andheri silent protest against Metro 2B at SV Road Khar. The residents and engineers are worried about the line adding to traffic jams in the crowded suburb, have sent a plan to Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
The Metro 2B line from DN Nagar to Mandale in Mankhurd is currently planned as an entirely overground corridor, but residents from Bandra, Khar and Santacruz said this would not only aggravate the traffic problem on SV Road but also affect the road and structures along the stretch.
To note, the residents also took the help of experts and architects to propose an underground line. Metro 2B has been planned to bring the eastern and western suburbs closer and reduce the number of vehicles on the road. But according to residents, the corridor, with 22 stations will run over existing infrastructure such as skywalks and flyovers, the Mithi river and disrupt school grounds and other open spaces.
- Rajkummar Rao’s ‘Newton’ bags two Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- Mumbai: Army to identify land for Elphinstone Road bridge construction
- Mitsubishi Materials shares plunge after fake data scandal
- Gujarat Assembly Elections 2017: Withdrawal of nomination papers for 1st phase ends today
- Thane: Four storey building collapses in Bhiwandi, 1 dead
Last week, this newspaper talked about (http://www.freepress journal.in/world/indian-origin-pharmacist-cleared-of-elderly-dads-murder/1172908) how a UK High Court judge, Justice Green, threw out a murder…