On Friday, some group of residents between Bandra and Andheri silent protest against Metro 2B at SV Road Khar. The residents and engineers are worried about the line adding to traffic jams in the crowded suburb, have sent a plan to Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
The Metro 2B line from DN Nagar to Mandale in Mankhurd is currently planned as an entirely overground corridor, but residents from Bandra, Khar and Santacruz said this would not only aggravate the traffic problem on SV Road but also affect the road and structures along the stretch.
To note, the residents also took the help of experts and architects to propose an underground line. Metro 2B has been planned to bring the eastern and western suburbs closer and reduce the number of vehicles on the road. But according to residents, the corridor, with 22 stations will run over existing infrastructure such as skywalks and flyovers, the Mithi river and disrupt school grounds and other open spaces.
- Nirav Modi-Mehul Choksi also looted Rs 5,000 cr of common people, alleges Congress
- Viral video! Jaya Bachchan dance on Bollywood song ‘Husn Hai Suhana’ as if there is no tomorrow
- PNB scam: Geetanjali store workers protest for salary at MIDC Andheri
- Will it be Rajinikanth’s 2.0 vs Aamir Khan’s Thugs of Hindostan this Diwali? Read to know more
- Virat Kohli still brand ambassador; have not engaged PwC for audit: PNB