Fadnavis, other state leaders pay tribute to Dr Ambedkar
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and other political leaders in the state on Saturday paid tributes to Dalit icon Dr B R Ambedkar on his 127th birth anniversary. Apart from political leaders, thousands of followers of Ambedkar visited Chaityabhoomi, Dr Ambedkar’s memorial at Dadar, to pay their respects. Fadnavis garlanded a portrait of Ambedkar in Mumbai in the morning. State Congress chief and former chief minister Ashok Chavan visited Chaityabhoomi in Dadar to pay floral tributes along with party office-bearers and leaders. NCP leader Sachin Ahir also visited Chaityabhoomi. Governor of Maharashtra CH. Vidyasagar Rao offered floral tributes at the memorial. Maharashtra’s Minister of higher and technical education Vinod Tawde, Mayor of Mumbai Vishwanath Mahadeshwar, MLA Raj Purohit, Bhai Girkar, former Mayors Vishakha Raut and Snehal Ambekar were prominent among those present on the occasion.
- 12,000 tonnes of debris spew by sea at Marine Drive promenade: Bombay High Court told
- ‘Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka’ actress Aditi Sharma: My parents wanted me to be a doctor
- Monsoon Session 2018: These bills might be introduced in parliament this monsoon session
- Mentally cderanged woman beaten up Bengal’s Jalpaiguri on suspicion of being ‘child-lifter’
- Asking voters whom they’ve voted for can land a person in jail for 3 yrs in Pakista