New Delhi: Writer Preeti Shenoy was honoured with the Indian of the Year award at a function here.
Shenoy, who is one of India’s top five highest selling women authors, was awarded on Friday by Brands Academy, one of the most reputed branding companies in India to recognise the achievements of personalities who have contributed towards building up the reputation of the country. The award ceremony also focused on celebrating the achievements of leaders from all walks of life. All awardees have in their own way contributed towards the growth and development of the nation, the organisers said.
“It has come as a total surprise. I am honoured and humbled at the same time. I was buried in writing my ninth book when I got the news. It took a couple of hours to even sink in, as I had to extricate myself from the world I created in my book, and crash land into the real world,” Shenoy said.
“When it finally registered what a big award this is, I quickly looked at how many hours it would take away from my writing time! Jokes apart, I thank Brands Academy for the award, and a big thank you to my publishers who have put their trust in my writing, and my readers who shower me with love.”
Shenoy’s books include “It’s All In The Planets”, “Why We Love The Way We Do”, “It Happens For A Reason”, “The One You Cannot Have” and “34 Bubblegums And Candies” among others. Other prominent winners along with Shenoy included Deepa Malik (Paralympics Gold Winner), Kavita Krishnamurthy (Singer) and Ranveer Brar (Celebrity Chef and TV Host).
- Allu Arjun and son recreates Priya Prakash Varrier’s viral wink and it is adorable, watch video
- Jammu-bound GoAir flight returns to Leh after engine error, passengers safe
- Farah Khan on Papon alleged assault: I felt ‘unomfortable’ watching the video
- Papon kiss controversy: Petitioner demands immediate arrest of singer in alleged assault case
- Jayalalithaa 70th birth anniversary: Former Tamil Nadu CM’s statue unveiled at AIADMK headquarters