Ujjain: The 5-day 63rd State school games concluded with a prize distribution ceremony on Friday. Winners of various competitions were honoured in the ceremony held at Mahakal pravachan hall, in presence of zila panchayat president Mahesh Parmar and Simhastha Fair Authority chairman, Diwakar Natu.
Ujjain division presented a strong competition in gymnastic competitions and won prizes in many categories. Ujjain division stood 1st and Indore 2nd in the 14, 17 and 19 year age group of boys in gymnastics. Girls of Ujjain division won in the 14 year age group, while Bhopal division stood 2nd; Indore division won in the 17 year age group and Ujjain division came 2nd and winning again in the 19 year age group, while Indore came 2nd.
In rhythmic gymnastics also, Ujjain division stood 2nd while winner was Bhopal division, in the 17 year age group. In the 19 year age group, Ujjain won and Bhopal was runner up. Ujjain also won in acrobatic gymnastics, while the tribal development division was runner up. Thus, Ujjain became overall champion in gymnastics followed by Indore.
Similarly, Ujjain also became overall champion in malkhamb and Indore was runner up. In 14 years boys’ category, Ujjain, Indore and Gwalior bagged 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions respectively; in the 17 years boys’ category, winners were Ujjain, Sagar and Bhopal divisions; and in 19 year boys’ category, Ujjain, Indore and Bhopal emerged winners.
In 14 years girls’ category, Ujjain, Jabalpur and Rewa won; in the 17 years category, Ujjain, Jabalpur and Rewa and in the 19 years category 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions holders were Ujjain, Indore and Jabalpur divisions, respectively.
- Mumbai: 24-year-old engineer falls into train-platform gap at Dadar, dies of trauma
- Mumbai MRI death case: Rajesh Maru’s family still struggling to retrieve his lost finger
- Mumbai: After BMC fails to responsibility, NGO in protest names pothole-ridden road as ‘Ajoy Mehta Marg’
- Mumbai: CM Devendra Fadnavis gives clean chit to BMC in Andheri bridge collapse incident
- Shiv Sena undecided on supporting no-confidence motion moved by TDP against Narendra Modi government