Kohima: Nagaland also joined in launching of the three major social schemes – Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Atal Pension Yojana. Nagaland Chief Minister T R Zeliang and Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Prof (Dr) Ram Shankar Katheria formally launched the schemes in the State Capital coinciding with National launching at Kolkata by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
“These three schemes are intended to substantially benefit the poorer sections of the people,” Chief Minister TR Zeliang said. Zeliang expressed gratitude to Prime Minister Modi for his tireless efforts in trying to uplift the poor and needy people of the country, who have always been left at the mercy of circumstances because of their poverty.
The Chief Minister hoped that the schemes will bring an element of security and comfort to the lives of countless millions. Katheria addressing the gathering as guest of honour, said the PM is working towards the uplift of the poor and downtrodden by reaching such welfare schemes. He hoped that the schemes would help the common men enhance the social security at an affordable cost through a convenient bank based platform.
- Bhopal: Traffic diversions, restrictions in place for BJP’s ‘Karyakarta Mahakumbh’
- Kerala nun rape case: Victim’s sister files police complaint over life threats
- Mumbai: Indrani Mukerjea hospitalised for 3rd time
- Bhopal: Walled city’s heritage gates to regain lost glory
- Mumbai: Surgeries delayed over laundry