Bhopal: With recent fluctuation in temperature, city hospitals are witnessing spurt in number of patients affected with viral fever. Everyday, three or four patients are being admitted in these hospitals with symptoms such of high fever and body ache. In the OPDs of hospitals, the number of patients has doubled in last few days with patients complaining of cold, cough and throat infection.
The OPD of JP Hospital, Katju and Hamidia Hospital are getting overcrowded owing to the seasonal changes. The dry weather alternating with sudden showers had resulted in spike in these cases, said a doctor.
Hospitals are also witnessing a rise in the number of patients affected with diarrhea and typhoid due to unhygienic water. Notably, the patients affected with dengue are also on rise in the city. There are as many as 12 patients affected with dengue undergoing treatment in the hospitals.
The situation is alarming as they are being treated in open and even mosquito net has not been ensured. The survey by health department is limited to papers only as no outcome of it can be seen in the hospitals. The number of patients in the OPD of AIIMS has risen by five times while in JP Hospital around 600 patients reached its OPD, on Saturday.
Similar figures were recorded in other two hospitals Katju and Hamidia.
- Motorola One Power launched in India, here are the specifications, price
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: Perarivalan’s mother meets TN Guv, seeks son’s release
- TSPSC VRO 2018 Answer Key out, click tspsc.gov.in to download
- There is no room for doubt on Rafale deal after clarification from Francois Hollande: Rajnath Singh
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: 18 drown during immersion of Ganesh idols in Maharashtra