Indore: Thursday’s announcement of banning use of old currencies for buying air tickets and petrol has baffled most industrialists.
Last week the central government had banned use of old Rs 1000 notes at petrol pumps and buying air tickets and allowed use of old Rs 500 notes for the same till December 15. However, on Thursday morning the government banned the use of old Rs 500 notes at petrol pumps and buying air tickets from Friday midnight. Since the sudden withdrawal of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes on November 8, the government has made 30 abrupt changes.
The changes evoked mixed response from industrialists. Those favouring the government move said the announcements are made on the basis of public response to the demonitisation, while others argued that abrupt changes in government stand are spoiling their planning and compounding the troubles.
- ‘Dil Juunglee’ video: Find out how Jackky Bhagnani lost sleep over casting for his upcoming film
- Sensex, Nifty hit fresh highs; bank stocks drive rally
- Too Hot! Priyanka Chopra’s passionate smooch with Alan Powell for Quantico is going viral
- Uttar Pradesh: 8-year-old boy killed in crossfire between police and goons in Mathura
- ‘Welcome To New York’: Hilarious video with top stars goes viral as poster is launched