Free Press Journal

Indore: Milk parlour gutted in Nayapura Chowk

FOLLOW US:

Dewas: A milk parlour was reduced to ashes after a massive fire broke out in a power distribution point (DP) due to short circuit in Nayapura Chowk and soon spread to its adjoining kiosks, here on Monday. However, no casualties were reported, police said. The fire started in the afternoon when business had picked up pace in the market area. Onlookers tried to douse the flames by throwing sand at the power distribution point, but in vain. Electricity department officials rushed to the spot and immediately cut off the power supply to the locality, housing several residential buildings.

Following a tip off, police teams reached the spot and cordoned off the site to prevent any mishap. Two fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flames after hours of toil. Meanwhile, the incident led to protest from the shopkeepers, who alleged that similar incidents had occurred in the past, but the electricity department seems helpless in preventing short circuits.