Indore: An assistant professor from Maharashtra was arrested by cyber cell on Thursday for allegedly sending nude video and SMS to an Indore-based girl on WhatsApp. The accused had obtained girl’s number from a fake Facebook ID and started harassing her.
Superintendent of Police (cyber cell) Jitendra Singh said that the victim had lodged a complaint in April 2016 that an unidentified person has created her fake profile on Facebook and put her number due to which she is receiving obscene videos and messages on WhatsApp.
Head constable Manoj Rathore started investigation and found that the fake profile on Facebook was created by victim’s relative Ankit Prajapati of Godhra, Gujarat. Ankit had put victim’s mobile number on the fake profile. During the investigation, cell officials arrested Ankit a few months ago.
Since then, the cyber police were searching for person who had sent videos and SMS on victim’s mobile phone. During investigation, cell officials managed to arrest accused Rajendra Darkunde, a resident of Mukindpur in Ahmednagar district in Maharashtra.
Darkunde, 48, said he is an assistant professor of chemistry in Ahmednagar. He obtained girl’s mobile number from a Facebook profile and later started sending obscene videos and messages on same number. He prevailed upon victim to reply to his messages. The mobile phone and SIM used in the crime were also recovered from the accused.
- IPL’s lost talents! Parvinder Awana: Once a Kings XI mainstay, he lost his way
- Bizarre Bollywood: 5 songs that are funny, catchy but have bizarre lyrics
- West Indies vs Bangladesh 1st ODI: FPJ’s dream XI for West Indies and Bangladesh
- Parents Day 2018! Bareilly Ki Barfi to Kapoor & Sons, Bollywood parents are coming of age
- After working with Janhvi Kapoor, I know I have a friend for life: ‘Dhadak’ star Ishaan Khatter