Indore: BEd colleges under DAVV in the city remained closed on Wednesday as the university didn’t accept their demand of not carrying out pre-affiliation inspections on their campuses.
“We have closed down our campuses in protest against the university’s announcement of conducting inspections at BEd colleges. The announcement is against the ruling of Madhya Pradesh High Court that stated only National Council for Teacher Education has the right to inspect teacher education colleges,” Indore Mahavidyalaya director Girdhar Nagar said.
He said that they have closed colleges till Thursday and if the university won’t revoke its decision then they may extend the closure to indefinite time.
“We have convened a meeting of all BEd college directors in the division on Friday wherein future course of action will be decided,” Matushree Education College director Rambabu Sharma said.
- Ireland’s Indian-origin PM campaigns to lift abortion ban
- Won’t support BJP in Lok Sabha polls if mining operations don’t resume: GFP
- TN advocate demands NHRC to conduct its own probe
- IPL 2018: MS Dhoni to Kane Williamson; here is the performance card of all 8 captains
- Uttar Pradesh ATS arrests Indian diplomat’s cook in Pakistan for spying, giving info to ISI