Indore: BEd colleges under DAVV in the city remained closed on Wednesday as the university didn’t accept their demand of not carrying out pre-affiliation inspections on their campuses.
“We have closed down our campuses in protest against the university’s announcement of conducting inspections at BEd colleges. The announcement is against the ruling of Madhya Pradesh High Court that stated only National Council for Teacher Education has the right to inspect teacher education colleges,” Indore Mahavidyalaya director Girdhar Nagar said.
He said that they have closed colleges till Thursday and if the university won’t revoke its decision then they may extend the closure to indefinite time.
“We have convened a meeting of all BEd college directors in the division on Friday wherein future course of action will be decided,” Matushree Education College director Rambabu Sharma said.
- The Heroine and Other Stories by D. Jayakanthan: Review
- The Lost Letter by Jillian Cantor: Review
- The Lottery of Birth: On Inherited Social Inequalities by Namit Arora- Review
- Is That Even a Country, Sir: Journeys in Northeast India by Train, Bus and Tractor by Anil Yadav- Review
- Weekly Horoscope — This Weeks Horoscope for December 17 to 23, 2017