Indore: A 14-year-old girl died while five others were critically injured after falling from speeding mini truck at Chandan Nagar police station area on Saturday late night. Reckless driving has been reported as the reason behind the fatal incident. According to the police, the deceased, identified as Shivani, resident of Rangwasa village, Bhama (16), Khushboo (14), Sapna (15), Manisha (13) and Meera bai (32) had gone for a farm work on the mini truck driven by Ghanshyam and the incident took place on their way back from there.
As the truck was on high speed, the girls sitting in the back side tumbled down after the vehicle came across a speed breaker on the road, receiving critical injuries. The errant driver of the truck fled the scene after the accident. Residents of adjacent Sidora village rushed the girls to hospital, where Shivani died during treatment. Others are ongoing treatment in a hospital. Police have registered a case against the driver in the incident.
- Indore: Junior doctors of Maharaja Yashwantrao hospital continue strike, services likely to hit today
- Indore: IMC plans to run buses on bio-fuel made from vegetable waste
- Indore: For CET-2018 exams, digital thumb impression of candidates to be taken
- Indore: DAVV to donate 500 computers to government schools
- Indore: Cancelled twice, assistant professor exam finally from June 18