In a horrifying incident, on Friday a 15-year-old student died after being set on fire by some unidentified persons. The boy who was out on routine morning walk, he died of burn injuries in Almora’s Ranikhet.
According to Hindustan Times, the deceased was identified as Dinesh Singh Bisht, who was a student of class 10 at an elite private school. Dinesh was found with severe burn injuries just about 200 metre from his home. The locals identified him and informed his parents, who later rushed him to a hospital in Ranikhet. But the boy later succumbed to injuries.
A police official told the leading daily, “It is not clear yet who those persons were as there are no eyewitnesses to the incident that took place Thursday morning. We have launched investigations into the matter.”
The boy before dying told his parents that two unknown boys had poured kerosene over and set him on fire. The police official added that, “We are investigating the matter. There must be something, some enmity or rivalry, which has led to this horrific incident.” Teachers have ruled out suicide angle and told police that Dinesh was average in his studies and it was unlikely that he could commit suicide.
- Chhattisgarh Congress chief Bhupesh Baghel claims of receiving call from Maoists assuring support to party
- Pakistan approves open trial of Nawaz Sharif in cases of Al-Azizia, Flagship Investment
- WOW! This stylish photo shoot of Kamal Haasan has got some Twitteratis calling him Godfather
- Earlier govts, then Congress President failed to fulfil household electrification promise: PM Modi
- Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull calls on Pope Francis to fire archbishop for covering up sexual abuse