Madurai: A class nine student of a school here allegedly committed suicide Monday after being chided for a prank holiday SMS he had sent recently, police said. The boy hanged himself at his house, they added.
He had sent the message to students saying that it was a holiday for the city corporation-run school, believing which around 50 of classmates did not turn up, police said.
When the school authorities investigated the issue, it came to light that the boy had sent the message. The headmaster called the boy’s father and mother, a school teacher herself, and rebuked them for the boy’s behaviour. His classmates also chided him following which the dejected boy ended his life, police said.
- BJP grappling with infighting; Amit Shah, Vasundhara Raje running separate campaigns: Sachin Pilot
- Filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi cremated in Mumbai
- Love Match! Sreesanth and Bhuvneshwari Kumari: IPL spot fixing to ‘Bigg Boss 12’; the couple has seen it all
- Ganesh Visarjan 2018: Watch Mumbai’s Lalbaugcha Raja live streaming of visarjan
- Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty Kundra faces racism at Sydney Airport in Australia