New Delhi : The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday expressed concern over the social media creating confusion in the minds of bank officials and public by twisting its guidelines regarding the demonetisation.
Stating that some unscrupulous elements are creating this confusion, it asked banks and public to be guided by only those instructions which are either uploaded on the Reserve Bank’s official website <https://www.rbi.org.in> or received through the Reserve Bank’s official mail.
It said instructions to the banks are sent directly through its official mail and the same are also placed on its official website. It asked banks and public not to rely on other unsecured/ unofficial channels like social media in which the authenticity of the documents circulated is questionable and not verifiable.
Meanwhile, the RBI on Thursday also issued its 13th FAQs (Frequently Asked Question) to provide clarity on the decisions taken since withdrawal of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 as legal tenders with effect from November 9.
- France shooting: Partner of attacker detained
- Ujjain: Five ‘divyang’ women players to be awarded during T-10 cricket tourney
- Check out! Sumeet Vyas’ never seen before Dj Rock-esh in High Jack
- Ujjain: Tributes paid to Bhagatsingh, Sukhdev and Rajguru Tributes paid to Bhagatsingh, Sukhdev and Rajguru
- Ujjain: Sindhu Mela venue changed to Dussehra Maidan