New Delhi : The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday expressed concern over the social media creating confusion in the minds of bank officials and public by twisting its guidelines regarding the demonetisation.
Stating that some unscrupulous elements are creating this confusion, it asked banks and public to be guided by only those instructions which are either uploaded on the Reserve Bank’s official website <https://www.rbi.org.in> or received through the Reserve Bank’s official mail.
It said instructions to the banks are sent directly through its official mail and the same are also placed on its official website. It asked banks and public not to rely on other unsecured/ unofficial channels like social media in which the authenticity of the documents circulated is questionable and not verifiable.
Meanwhile, the RBI on Thursday also issued its 13th FAQs (Frequently Asked Question) to provide clarity on the decisions taken since withdrawal of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 as legal tenders with effect from November 9.
- Under-19 World Cup 2018: Steve Waugh’s son Austin included in Australian squad
- Mumbai: At least 26,339 Maharashtra farmers committed suicide in last 17 years, says Chandrakant Patil
- ‘Youthquake’ named word of the year by Oxford Dictionaries
- GST Council to meet tomorrow; discuss roll out of e-way bill
- Cricketer Ajinkya Rahane’s father arrested after his car runs over woman in Kolhapur