Srinagar: Authorities imposed restrictions in parts of Srinagar on Monday to maintain law and order in the wake of the killing of three militants earlier in the day, police said. The militants including one from Srinagar were killed in a gunfight with the security forces in Anantnag district.
Apprehending protests, the authorities imposed restrictions in areas under the jurisdictions of Soura and four other police station areas, the police said. All schools and colleges will also remain shut. Exams scheduled for Monday by the Kashmir University were postponed. The militants were identified as Eesa Fazli of Srinagar, Syed Owais and Sabzar Ahmad Sofi, both from Anantnag district. Before joining the militant ranks, Fazli was pursuing a B.Tech course in Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University in Rajouri district.
- Kabul suicide attack: Death toll rises to 29
- Jharkhand lynching case: 11 get life imprisonment for killing Alimuddin Ansari
- Before Soorma release, Hockey player Sandeep Singh delivers a speech at Cambridge University
- Facebook Data breach: Congress never hired Cambridge Analytics, BJP and JD(U) did, says Randeep Surjewala
- Mumbai: Massive fire breaks out opposite Milan Mall near Milan Subway in Santacruz