Srinagar: Authorities imposed restrictions in parts of Srinagar on Monday to maintain law and order in the wake of the killing of three militants earlier in the day, police said. The militants including one from Srinagar were killed in a gunfight with the security forces in Anantnag district.
Apprehending protests, the authorities imposed restrictions in areas under the jurisdictions of Soura and four other police station areas, the police said. All schools and colleges will also remain shut. Exams scheduled for Monday by the Kashmir University were postponed. The militants were identified as Eesa Fazli of Srinagar, Syed Owais and Sabzar Ahmad Sofi, both from Anantnag district. Before joining the militant ranks, Fazli was pursuing a B.Tech course in Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University in Rajouri district.
- Self-styled godman Daati Maharaj’s brother joins probe in rape case
- Kamal Haasan meets EC officials, Rahul Gandhi during Delhi visit
- Mumbai: Zakir Naik’s plea against NIA charge sheet rejected
- Mumbai traffic police mulling odd-even parking in market areas
- People will oppose any move to change constitution: Sharad Pawar