Srinagar: Authorities imposed partial restrictions in Srinagar on Friday to prevent separatist-called anti-US protests, police said. Senior separatist leaders including Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umer Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik have called for post-Friday prayer protests against US President Donald Trump’s decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
The restrictions have been imposed in Nowhatta, M.R.Gunj and Safa Kadal areas in old Srinagar, the police said. Mirwaiz Umer Farooq has been placed house arrest while Syed Ali Geelani already continues to be under house arrest. Heavy contingents of police and paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were deployed in the three areas.
- Box Office: ‘Badhaai Ho’ minted Rs. 45.06 crore on its opening weekend
- #MeToo: Payal Rohatgi accuses Dibakar Banerjee of sexually harassing her 7 years ago
- Posters in Rae Bareli call missing Priyanka Gandhi Vadra an ’emotional blackmailer’
- Kalank stars Alia Bhatt, Aditya Roy Kapur and Sonakshi Sinha make airport travelling more fun; Watch video
- Confirmed! Kapil Sharma will marry his longtime girlfriend Ginni Chatrath on December 12