Free Press Journal

One killed, dozen injured in UP gas cylinder fire


Lucknow:  A woman was killed and over a dozen sustained serious burn injuries early Friday after gas leaked from a cylinder and caught fire in a home in Kanpur, police said.

The incident took place at a house in Chamanganj after an LPG cylinder in a house suddenly leaked and within moments caught fire.

Police officials told IANS that the fire has since been doused by fire tenders. They said a middle-aged woman died in the incident while five people are battling for their lives in Ursula Hospital.

Back To Top