Lucknow: Three people were detained on Friday for attacking a Muslim family on board a train in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri after a video of the brutal assault went viral on social media.
Police is also on the look out for others involved in the incident. The 11 members of the family were on way to Farukkhabad when both men and women were assaulted brutally by a group of two dozen men, armed with iron rods and sticks, leaving them with multiple fractures and internal injuries. The incident occurred on Wednesday.
The Government Railway Police have filed a case and detained three men. In the video, the family members are seen pleading, as the miscreants attacked them and even a mentally challenged 17-year-old. The 53-year-old head of the family, Shakir Ali told the police of the entire ordeal on Friday.
They are residents of Kayamganj in Farukkhabad district and were on board the passenger train plying between Shikohabad and Kasganj. Superintendent of Police O.P. said that many members of the family had been bleeding from the stomach due to the internal injuries suffered during the attack.and some others had suffered head injuries and fractures.
The assailants are also alleged to have misbehaved with the women wearing burqas and molested them during the attack. Security on the train has been beefed up and police is on the lookout to find the people responsible for the crime, an official told IANS.
- Cricket’s lost talents! Salil Ankola: Test debut with Tendulkar, and now an actor
- Bollywood’s Forgotten Stars: 10 interesting facts to know about Vansh actress Ekta Sohini
- Rani Lakshmi Bai: TV actresses pay tribute to queen of Jhansi on her birthday!
- Chef special: Interesting hotdogs you must try
- Restrictions defied in Srinagar to attend militant’s funeral