Thrissur (Kerala): Millionaire businessman Muhammed Nisham, accused of ramming into and killing a security guard with his vehicle, has been booked under the Kerala Anti-Social Activities (Prevention) Act (KAAPA), police said. Thrissur district collector M.S. Jaya on Monday issued the order slapping KAAPA on Nisham.
Nisham will not be able to apply for bail in the next six months and is now lodged at the Viyyur jail near here. Nisham is said to have first assaulted the security guard and later rammed his luxury vehicle into him at a posh villa on January 29. The security guard died last month.
Nisham’s links with politicians and also his closeness with top police officials has also come under media scrutiny. Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala had said there would be no let up in the case and KAAPA would be slapped after getting the required legal opinion.
- Kerala nun-rape case: After getting discharged from hospital, arrested Bishop will be produced before court today
- Pune Gay Couple Shocker! 23-year-old man fed up with constant demands of sex stabs boyfriend in his sleep
- ‘If the scenes are removed, I’m fine’, Abhishek Bachchan on ‘Manmarziyaan’ smoking controversy
- ‘Manmarziyaan’ actress Taapsee Pannu threatened by man who wants to hit her with belt and juttis; Arjun, Vicky give befitting replies
- The Gutenberg Galaxy: Rs 20,000 crore print industry is here to stay and grow