Dehradun: An Mi-17 helicopter of Indian Air Force carrying officers and men of the 12 Grenadiers today crash-landed while on a practice drill near Mana village in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district.
All on board are safe with some of them receiving only minor injuries in the incident which took place at 9:25 AM at Ghastoli helipad between Badrinath and Mana Pass, police sources said.
The Mi-17 with officers and men of 12 Grenadiers was practising inter valley movement at Ghastoli helipad between Badrinath and Mana Pass when the incident took place, the sources said.
Prima facie it appears the helicopter crashlanded after developing some technical snag, the sources said. IAF is looking into the matter.
- MU results delay: Criminal complaints can be filed against guilty, says Vinod Tawde
- 2006 Malegaon blasts: Why ATS, CBI and NIA reached different conclusions, asks Bombay High Court
- Neeraj Pandey explains what does Aiyaary mean!
- Israel strikes Hamas targets after Gaza rocket fire
- Tourists cooking in public can be an act of nuisance in Goa