Dehradun: An Mi-17 helicopter of Indian Air Force carrying officers and men of the 12 Grenadiers today crash-landed while on a practice drill near Mana village in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district.
All on board are safe with some of them receiving only minor injuries in the incident which took place at 9:25 AM at Ghastoli helipad between Badrinath and Mana Pass, police sources said.
The Mi-17 with officers and men of 12 Grenadiers was practising inter valley movement at Ghastoli helipad between Badrinath and Mana Pass when the incident took place, the sources said.
Prima facie it appears the helicopter crashlanded after developing some technical snag, the sources said. IAF is looking into the matter.
- Mumbai: Second FIR filed against start-up guru Mahesh Murthy for molestation
- Sensex rises over 200 points to reclaim 33,000 mark; Nifty nears 10,200
- Raj Babbar resigns from post of Uttar Pradesh Congress chief, after worst performance in Lok Sabha bypolls
- TV producers chase makers of The Remix for purchase rights
- Ujjain: Navkar Upadhi Alankaran Samaroh organised