Lucknow : Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati on Saturday lashed out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said his words and the acts of BJP about Dalit welfare and respect for Dalit icon Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar is a sham.
Addressing the media on the occasion of birth anniversary of “Babasaheb”, the four-time Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister also charged Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for “abject failure” in maintaining law and order in the state.
“Both Modi and Yogi have done nothing for the oppressed, marginalised and the Dalits and they are only paying lip service to the cause of these sections of the society,” she said, reports IANS.
This double standards – of launching schemes and naming buildings and monuments in the name of B.R. Ambedkar while remaining silent on atrocities on Dalits – would neither be tolerated nor accepted, the BSP supremo said.
“Atrocities on the Dalits have increased under the watch of BJP governments,” she said.
- Fear grips residents in Greater Noida after building collapse
- Imran Khan fails to appear before Pakistan anti-graft body in government helicopter misuse case
- Centre dissolves 28-yr-old Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal
- Maharashtra Assembly Speaker orders suspension of a police officer for `abusing’ Chhagan Bhujbal
- News Alert! Greater Noida Building collapse: One more body recovered, total 6 bodies recovered so far