Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar, popularly known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, is a celebrated leader, who flagged the ‘Constitution of India’. He was a well known statesman who fought for the rights of the Dalits and other socially backward classes. Born on 14th April 1891, his reforms are echoed across the country in the form of ‘Ambedkar Jayanti‘. In order to mark this day let us remember him for his own words. Here are 16 inspiring quotes by Babasaheb Ambedkar.
1. “They cannot make history who forget history”.
2. “Be Educated, Be Organised and Be Agitated”
3. “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity”
4. “Life should be great rather than long”.
5. “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
6. “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence”.
7. “If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help”.
8. “We must stand on our own feet and fight as best as we can for our rights. So carry on your agitation and organize your forces. Power and prestige will come to you through struggle”.
9. “The history of India is nothing but a history of a mortal conflict between Buddhism and Brahminism”.
10. “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”