Dubai: ndia has emerged as the top source country for professionals in the UAE, which attracts most migrating professionals in the world, a media report said citing a new study. The study was conducted by LinkedIn website, which has more than 380 million members across the world, Gulf News reported. The report said that every position added to the website’s member profiles between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014 were taken into consideration to reach the result.
According to the study, India was the top source country of professional talent coming to the UAE representing 28 percent, followed by Britain, Pakistan, the US and Qatar. Most professionals, who migrated to the UAE joined professional services, architectural, engineering, financial and insurance sectors.
“The UAE’s attractiveness as an employment market is no longer limited to the traditional sources of talent, which for years have been India, Pakistan and other Arab states,” Ali Matar, head of talent solutions, LinkedIn Middle East and North Africa (Mena), was quoted as saying.
The other preferred destinations for expat professionals included Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Germany, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Belgium, the report said.
- China protests over US sanctions for buying Russian arms, warns of consequences
- Gujarat: 11 Asiatic lions dead in Gir
- Mumbai: Beware of stingrays
- Mumbai: Ban on DJ music, Dolby for Ganpati visarjan, Navratri
- Indian govt gave us no choice but to partner Anil Ambani in Rafale deal: former French president Francois Hollande