New Delhi: From desi ghee to ladoos to pickles, Indian students prefer to pack home made food items when they travel abroad for studies, says a survey. The survey, done by the airline Virgin Atlantic, found that ‘ghar ka khana’ (home made) such as ladoos, pickles, desi ghee and spices were among the most preferred items carried by students going to study overseas.
“Food is an important item that students like to carry abroad. The most popular include mangoes, instant noodles and ready to eat food packs. Food apparatus like roti maker and other utensils are a must carry too,” it said.
Other items that find their way into their luggages include bicycles, folding mattresses, dumbbells, selfie sticks, ayurvedic medicines and soft toys. The findings are based on a survey of about 200 students who travelled in Virgin Atlantic for studying overseas, mostly in the US and the UK.
- Lionel Messi to miss Argentina friendlies against Iraq, Brazil
- Supreme Court constitutes committee to look into jail reforms across country
- Minor’s consent is ‘no consent in eyes of law’ in rape cases, says court
- ‘Satyameva Jayate actress’ Aisha Sharma in a black bikini is raising temperatures
- Instagram co-founders Mike Krieger, Kevin Systrom quit Facebook