New Delhi: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Friday gave green signal to access mobile and internet services on-board flight. The authority recommended allowing mobile and internet services through both satellite and terrestrial network.
In its recommendation, the authority said, internet and mobile communication on Aircraft service should be permitted as in-flight connectivity in the Indian airspace.The move comes after the department of telecom had sought views of the TRAI in August last year over the proposal to introduce voice, data and video services over Indian airspace for domestic, international and overflying flights.
- Mumbai: Acid attack victims invoke Ganesha to spread awareness on skin donation
- Bhopal: Fund approved for kidney transplant facility in Gandhi Medical College
- Mumbai: Cops attacked during Ganpati Visarjan
- Bhopal: Propose alternatives to demolition of Mansarovar Complex, Supreme Court instruct to MPSRTC
- Mumbai: Clash breaks out between police, Lalbaugcha Raja volunteers