Free Press Journal

Twitter war continues: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi says hope ‘our 56-inch strongman’ has plan on Doklam

FOLLOW US:

Rahul Gandh. Pic/ PTIRahul Gandh. Pic/ PTI

New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi today took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the Doklam issue, saying he hoped the “56 inch strongman” has a plan to deal with the situation.

Gandhi’s comments came after China on Monday asserted that Doklam belongs to it and India should have “learnt lessons” from the stand-off last year. Recalling China’s statement, Gandhi said on Twitter, “Last week thousands took my Twitter poll. 63% felt Modi Ji would use hugplomacy, blame RM and cry in public to deal with the Doklam issue! “For India’s sake, I hope you were wrong and our 56 inch strongman has a plan.” Troops of India and China were locked in a 73-day stand-off in Doklam near Sikkim last year after the Indian side stopped the building of a road in the disputed area by the Chinese Army.