Madurai: A class nine student of a school here allegedly committed suicide Monday after being chided for a prank holiday SMS he had sent recently, police said. The boy hanged himself at his house, they added.
He had sent the message to students saying that it was a holiday for the city corporation-run school, believing which around 50 of classmates did not turn up, police said.
When the school authorities investigated the issue, it came to light that the boy had sent the message. The headmaster called the boy’s father and mother, a school teacher herself, and rebuked them for the boy’s behaviour. His classmates also chided him following which the dejected boy ended his life, police said.
- ‘Pink’ gave me a sense of direction: Taapsee Pannu
- When Ranveer Singh intimidated Bhumi Pednekar
- Shah Rukh Khan’s parenting musings
- Snaparazzi! From Airport to lunch dates, theses Bollywood celebs were snapped today; check pics
- Sunny Leone unveils her wax figure at Delhi’s Madame Tussauds museum; check out the pictures