Sunny Leone has sparked another controversy after her condom ads were removed from Goa public bus, yes, the ads were removed from the bus after the complain and now the same issue is raised in Surat, a hoarding of a condom ad in Surat reads as ‘Aa Navratrie Ramo Parantu Prem this (This Navratri, play, but with love) the commissioner of police have ordered to remove the hoardings.
Talking to The Indian Express, Bhartiya Gauraksha Manch president Dharmesh Gami said, “The hoardings of condom company with the message having double meaning had photo of Sunny Leone. It has hurt our religious sentiments. Navratri is our religious festival and it is the Gujarati tradition of playing the garba. We will make representations to municipal commissioner, against the agency who had got license of putting hoardings at different places and take legal actions against them.”
Manforce specially advertises its Condoms in Navratri, thus promoting Navratri a festival of Free Sex instead of worshiping women’s strength pic.twitter.com/q2tL8rnwtF
— Rajesh Chanasana (@TheRajeshjk9) September 18, 2017
Surat Commissioner of Police Satish Sharma said to Indian Express, “We have brought such hoardings down, as the advertisement was of condoms and it should not be linked up with the religious festivals and even photo of Sunny Leone was semi-nude. We have received complaints from the public and we brought down the hoardings.” The hoardings were fixed in four different locations like Udhna, Athwalines, Varachha and Majuragate area in Surat
Several religious groups were quick to claim that the advertisement is nothing but depravity in its purest form. As per a Times Now report, the Hindu Yuva Vahini alleged that the posters insult Hindu Gods, and have protested against the posters at one of the ads locations.
- Political throwback! When Lal Bahadur Shastri coined ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan’ slogan to make India self-sufficient nation
- Ravana was born in Noida village: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- Asia Cup 2018 Ind vs Pak: Confident India look to continue dominance over Pakistan (Preview)
- Rupee’s fall indicates rise in black money: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- PM Modi launches ‘Ayushman Bharat -Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana, world’s largest govt funded healthcare programme