Rohtak (Haryana): The Haryana Women Commission on Tuesday recorded the statement of Rohtak gang-rape victim and expressed hope that such a heinous crime never takes place again in the society. Haryana Women Commission vice-chairman Suman Dahiya said the girl, who was now medically fit, has given her statement to them.
“As per the doctors, she is now medically fit to give the statement. It clearly appears from the girl’s statement that whatever happened with her was absolutely wrong,” Dahiya said. “We want that such cases never come up in the society again. The culprits need to be given severe punishment and arrested at the earliest,” she added.
Dahiya further said that the girl’s statement would now be recorded before the police and the Magistrate.
Meanwhile, Delhi Social Welfare Minister Sandip Kumar also met the victim’s family. The 21-year-old Dalit girl, who was gang-raped three years ago in Bhiwani by five men, had alleged that she was kidnapped and raped again by the same men in Rohtak on Wednesday last week when she was returning home from college.
Based on her complaint, the police registered an FIR against Amit, Jagmohan, Mausam, Sandeep and Akash. While Amit and Jagmohan joined the investigation on Monday, the families of Mausam and Sandeep approached the police with the evidence.
- Compliments, Criticism and Comparisons
- India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup 2018 ‘Super 4’ Live streaming: When and where to watch in India
- Jammu and Kashmir: Family of 5 killed in landslide
- Vyapam scam: Advocate files complaint against MP Congress leaders
- Bombay High Court raps Maharashtra civic bodies for failing to act against illegal Ganesh pandals