Patiala (Punjab): The evil of dowry seems to be still deep-rooted in the soil of India. Recently, a video has went viral in which a woman is being beaten up by her brother-in-law and his friends in Punjab’s Patiala, allegedly for giving birth to a girl and over dowry demands.
After the incident which took place yesterday, the police filed a lawsuit against three people for threatening to kill her. Later, the two accused were taken into custody. According to reports, the victim, Meena Kashyap, was married to Daljeet Singh and gave birth to a girl whom the latter’s family refused to accept.
— ANI (@ANI_news) July 15, 2017
They also started bothering her over dowry, following which the two started living separately. Later, Meena’s brother-in-law, along with his friends, beat her up brutally with hockey sticks.
“We had complained about the issue last year itself but nothing was being done regarding that. They have been married for the past two years now and have a girl child. Their family asked Rs. seven lakh for dowry,” victim’s father told ANI. The police have registered the case and the investigation is underway.
- Sex and the city: Threesome is not awesome
- Here are top business class indulgences on 4 of best Middle Eastern airlines flying out of and into India
- Agony Aunt helps you to deal with relationship problems
- Man-eating tigress of Pandharkawda: To kill or not to kill – is not a question
- Changing Times, Crumbling Lifestyle: Hope my friend returns to better surroundings and better us