Balasore: A 35-year-old woman in Odisha’s Balasore district has claimed that a man raped her with the consent of her husband, a police officer said today. In a complaint filed yesterday, the woman, a mother of two, alleged that her husband “helped” the accused rape her on May 23, he said.
“The woman, a resident of Balikut village in Baliapal police station area, said her husband helped the man in gagging and tying her up when she resisted,” Officer-in-charge K S Padhi said, adding that villagers claimed that the man “lost her” to the accused in a gamble.
The victim had approached the police for the first time on May 28, along with her husband and other villagers, to give in writing that she has reached a compromise with the accused and that she would not file a complaint in the case, Padhi said.
A day later, however, she changed her mind and registered an FIR in the matter, he said, adding that police are investigating into the matter.
- Daati Maharaj questioned by Crime Branch in rape case
- PM Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi greet Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- Uttar Pradesh: Female constable thrashes woman for befriending Muslim man, suspended after video goes viral
- Sensex, Nifty turn choppy ahead of US Fed policy outcome
- West Bengal Bandh: BJP called 12-hour shutdown hits normal life, train services affected for 5-10 minutes