Panaji: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today dismissed reports linking any possible infiltration bid by terrorists from across the border with the up oming visit of US President Barack Obama.
“The reports of terrorists trying to infiltrate from across the border are unnecessarily linked with Obama’s visit. From the information given by northern command this happens every year,” Parrikar told reporters after launching of four vessels of Indian Coast Guard at port town of Vasco.
Obama will be the chief guest at the Republic Day function in Delhi on January 26.
A senior Army officer had recently said that about 200 militants, at 36 launch pads across Pir Panchaal range, were trying to infiltrate into Indian side.
Parrikar said in recent times Army has intercepted almost every intrusion and neutralised every terrorist.
“There is no exact link between the media reports about terrorists trying to enter India and that of Obama’s visit. So far there are no links found,” he said.
Observing that the country is always prepared to foil terrorist attacks, the defence minister said, “Irrespective of Obama visit, we are fully prepared to neutralise terrorists.”