Allahabad : Environmental activist Medha Patkar was detained by Uttar Pradesh Police during a farmers protest here on Saturday. According to reports, the farmers were staging protest after their lands were taken from them for a proposed power project in Karchana Village where Patkar was about to meet them. Patkar was detained at a guest house even before she could reach the village. A total of 512.592 hectares of land, belonging to 1,942 farmers of the villages of Bhitar Kachra, Kachari, Devarikalan, Gadwakalan, Mendra, Dholipur and Dehli Bhagesar of Karchana Tehsil were marked by the authorities. Most of the farmers have taken compensation in lieu of the lands while other landholders have refused to accept the compensation.
- Mahindra Marazzo vs Renault Lodgy: Which MPV offers more space?
- Delhi govt orders magisterial inquiry into building collapse in Ashok Vihar
- Follow these steps to unlink Aadhaar from bank account and digital wallet
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift Petrol To Launch In 2019
- Jagran Film Festival 2018: 10 movies to watch out for!