Residents of the area said that their window panes started moving and a blast sound were also heard by some of them.
The state disaster management officials have announced that it was nothing like an earthquake or a tremor they also said that the residents should not panic.
In conversation with Bengaluru mirror Kiran K, a resident of JP Nagar said, “We heard a loud noise and it was there only for few seconds. We could see the window pane shacking and it was evident. We were in shock if it was a tremor.”
KSNMDC which is The Karnataka State Natural Disaster Management Center confirmed that they had no records of tremors or earthquake to Bengaluru Mirror. An official Dr. C N Prabhu, said, “There have been media reports that the people in and around RR Nagar Bengaluru heard a big noise possibly due to earthquake this afternoon. However, there are no such tremors has been recorded in the EQ observatory in Tippagondanahalli.”
Few residents thought the constructions at Namma Metro caused the noise. However, officials from Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) confirmed to Bengaluru Mirror that they did not cause such activity to cause any noise in the city.
- Bhopal: ‘We will ensure that no upper caste candidate gets elected’
- Asia Cup 2018: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan hit hundreds as India beat Pakistan by 9 wickets
- Bhopal: Only 25 Brahmin Samaj members turn up for jail bharo stir
- Bhopal: Narsingpur sarpanch, 150 supporters join Congress
- Bhopal: Experts share dos & don’ts on social media