Free Press Journal

LeT suspects Abdul Subhan, Asahbuddin sent to judicial custody

FOLLOW US:

terrorists(Pic for representation)

New Delhi: Suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives Abdul Subhan and his nephew Asahbuddin, arrested for their alleged roles in conspiring to carry out terror strikes in Delhi and adjoining areas, were today remanded in judicial custody till August 16 by a Delhi court.

Subhan and Asahbuddin, who were on August 2 remanded in police custody till August 12, were produced before the court where the Special Cell of Delhi Police moved an application for sending them to judicial custody.

Public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan told the court that one of co-accused Arshad, a Pakistani national lodged in Kolkata jail in connection with the shoe baron Partha Roy Burman kidnapping case of 2001, is likely to be produced before the court here soon after which the probe agency might against seek police custody of Subhan and Asahbuddin.


He said the two needed to be confronted with Arshad, against whom a production warrant has already been issued by the court, to unearth the entire conspiracy of LeT to carry out terror strikes in Delhi and adjoining areas.

Additional Sessions Judge Reetesh Singh remanded both in judicial custody till August 16.

“Accused Arshad is an important link between accused Abdul Subhan, Asahbuddin and Javed Baluchi based in Pakistan. Both the accused (Subhan and Asahbuddin) are to be confronted with accused Arshad to unearth the entire conspiracy between them to commit terrorist act in Delhi and neighbouring areas,” the police had earlier told the court.

The special cell had filed its charge sheet in the case against accused Mohd Rashid and Mohd Shahid who were arrested in December last year from Haryana’s Mewat region.

With their arrest, police had claimed to have unearthed a terror module of LeT which was at an “advanced stage” of planning a major strike in Delhi.