Free Press Journal

Indore: Eight-month-old girl brutally killed after rape attempt


mumbai, rape, vile parle, gang rape, rape on minor girl, crime

Indore: Much to the shame of Indore, an eight-month-old girl was attempted rape and brutally killed in center of the city on Friday. The killer later dumped the body in the basement from the gape of gate and fled. A man, who is captured in CCTV taking the girl along, was identified by the police and he was detained but the police. An Assistant Sub Inspector of Sarafa police station was also suspended by the senior officials for his negligence in the incident.

DIG Harinarayanachari Mishra said that the incident took place in the building named Shrinath Place’s (Shiv Vilas Palace) basement near Rajbada. The incident was discovered when an employee of the building Sunil Sharma reached there. He was going to his office in the basement when he spotted blood on the stairs.

Later, he opened the lock of basement and was stunned to see the girl lying face down. He immediately informed his office owner, called other traders and later the police were informed. The senior police officials were also reached the spot after receiving the information. Forensic experts’ team and police after investigation sent the body for autopsy. The autopsy report confirmed that the girl was killed after the rape.

Girl’s maternal uncle told the media that deceased’s father is a balloon seller. He along with family members is staying in Aerodrome area. On Thursday night, he, his wife and victim was sleeping near Rajbada. Around 3 am, girl’s mother was feeding her after that she woke up around 5 am when she foud daughter missing from there. The family members later started searching her in the area and they later reached police station to lodged missing report.

During the heart wrenching incident, inhuman face of police was also seen. Maternal uncle of the girl alleged that the policemen in Sarafa police station did not file missing report of the girl and told the family members to come around 12 noon for the missing report. However, the police said that after the incident policemen from Sarafa also tried to search the girl in the area but they could not find her.

DIG Mishra said that the policemen tried to search the girl but they did not informed about the missing of the girl. ASI TS Barkade has been suspended for his negligence and the statements of deceased’s parents are also being taken. A man named Sunil Bhil was identified through the CCTV intalled near the spot. He was seen taking the girl in between 4.45 and 5 am. Sunil Bhil was also seen coming back from the spot after committing crime. Preliminary investigation revealed that he is the friend of deceased’s father and he is also a balloon seller. A search is on for the accused.

Back To Top