Prime Minister Nrendra Modi in inauguration of new Amul cheese factory at Banaskantha district of Gujarat today. PM is addressing the farmers and taking down opposition parties on demonetisation, who are opposing it.
PM Modi during his speech at Amul cheese factory
- We took the decision on currency notes to strengthen the hands of the poor of the nation.
- With our step on currency notes, we have been successful in weakening the hands of terrorists, those in fake currency rackets.
- Modi urged the people to move towards digitization, which will not only help the economy, but also, save them from the pain of going to banks and standing in queues.
- People will see things changing with demonetisation getting into place.
- The “honest citizens of this country” have supported demonetisation.
- Government has always said we are ready to debate. I am not being allowed to speak in the Lok Sabha, so I am speaking in the Jan Sabha.
- I am sharing my thoughts with the opposition, not from the Lok Sabha, but from the land on which I am currently standing.
- Talking about the poor is different from working for the poor and NDA government is working for the poor.
After his programme in Deesa, Modi will visit state BJP headquarters at Koba in Gandhinagar, where he will interact with local party leaders.
Opposition parties are not supporting Modi’s move towards demonetisation and stating it as a fail move.
Yesterday Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi accused ruling government for not letting him speak in Lok Sabha, he said “For the last one month I want to speak in the Lok Sabha… want to speak what is in the heart of the poor across the country about demonetisation”
“If they allow me to speak in Parliament then you shall see that an earthquake will happen,” Gandhi added.