Eid-Ul-Fitr also known as Ramzan Eid or Meethi Eid is one of the most import days for Muslims as the day marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan. The reason behind people also calling it Meethi Eid is because Muslims welcome the day with something sweet. People come together and enjoy huge feasts that offers an array of dishes like Kebabs, Biryani, Nihari, Seviyan, Phirni, Malpua and more. Though it is hard to resist the traditional Ramzan foods, make this day more delicious by trying out these quick and easy vegetarian recipes.
Ingredients: 1 litre pomegranate juice, 250 grams dates, 400 grams condensed milk, 1 cup skimmed yogurt
- Crush the dates and make it a smooth paste.
- Mix pomegranate juice, dates paste, condensed milk and yogurt and blend it until smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 60 minutes.
- Add ice while serving.
Spicy cabbage rolls
Ingredients: Large cabbage leaves, oil, 2 finely chopped onions, 2 finely chopped carrots, 4 cloves garlic, raisins, cumin, clack pepper, cinnamon, tomato paste, 2 cups cooked rice, water
- Boil cabbage leaves until pliable.
- Warm oil in a pan, add garlic, onion and carrots, cook it for five minutes. Add raisins, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and black pepper.
- Add tomato paste and rice and stir well.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and bring it to room temperature.
- Place the boiled cabbage leaves in a tray and add the above mixture on the edge and make it in a roll.
- Bake the roles in a 180 degree Celsius over for 20 minutes.
Ingredients: Dates, almonds, icing sugar, rose water, condensed milk, pistachio nuts
- Take a bowl and mix almond powder, icing sugar, condensed milk and rose water. Make it a soft dough.
- Cut the dates in centre and remove the seeds.
- Stuff the dough along with a piece of almond and pistachio.
Biscuit lime pie
Ingredients: Biscuits, butter, condensed milk, liquid cream, lime juice, lemon juice, lime zest, gelatin powder
- Take 3 cups of crumbled biscuits and add 100 grams of melted butter. Mix well and press the mixture to the base and side of a tart tin.
- Set it to freeze for 15 minutes.
- Take sweetened condensed milk in a bowl, add 1 cup of liquid cream, 3 tablespoon of lemon and lime juice each. Whip the mixture until it becomes thick.
- Mix 1 tablespoon gelatin powder in three tablespoon warm water.
- Pour the gelatin paste in the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the prepared base.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 4 hours to set.
Ingredients: Bread, cheese cubes, boiled potatoes, onion, tomato, green olives, red chilli powder, dry basil, dry oregano, salt, oil, coriander
- Trim the edges of the bread.
- Brush muffin tin with oil or butter and place the bread in it.
- Bake it in a 190 degree celsius pre-heat oven for 10 minutes. Now the breads are brown and crisp.
- Place finely chopped onion, boiled potatoes and tamotoes on it.
- Sprinkle dry herbs, chilli powder and salt on it.
- Place cheese cubes on top of it and bake it again for 5 minutes in an oven.
- Garnish it with coriander.