Actress and author Sonali Bendre, who has started a book club on social media, says she did so to encourage the habit of reading. Asked what urged her to do so, Sonali said: “I used to be a voracious reader and then I never found the time to. In today’s age, everything is digital. We are constantly on our phones or in front of the television, so we no longer take the time to just sit with ourselves.”
The 42-year-old actress says she never found time before, but is now taking out time to get back into the habit and reconnect with her reading passion. “I started this club to encourage the habit of reading… It allows an exchange of ideas and thoughts and that is an incentive for completing the book and joining the club,” said the actress, who is married to filmmaker Goldie Behl.
- Stop Treating Self as Body
- Mallikarjun Kharge boycotts Lokpal selection panel meet again, 6th time this year
- Why no noise over cattle smugglers attacking gaurakshaks, asks RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- DJ, high-decibel music systems major noise pollutants: Maharashtra government tells High Court
- Shiv Sena MLA announces new party, to fight for Maratha quota