Karan Johar announced his upcoming Student Of The Year 2 (SOTY2) directed by Punit Malhotra with Tiger Shroff, declaring, “It’s Official”. With the mammoth reach of Dharma Productions, if Tiger Shroff was already big, he’s poised to become huge! Here’s celebrating 10 nuggets about the actor, which you really should know about…
Also Read: Tiger Shroff sets a world record in dance
- Tiger mastered Kalaripayattu — the ancient martial arts form from Kerala — for his role in Baaghi, which was extremely toughbut also“thoroughly enriching”. He had to do a fusion of martial arts with Krav Maga and Kalaripayattu. For one fight scene he had to be on his toes for 40 minutes. He used to train for nearly 12 hours every day for seven months.It helped him train his mind to a great extent, especially in channelising you anger
- His dad Jackie Shroff was, not surprisingly, his first superhero!
- While his real name is Jai Hemant Shroff, he was nicknamed Tiger because of his childhood proclivity for scratching and biting people! Proud of his unusual name, Tiger hopes that he can take his career to the heights that other successful ‘Tigers’ like golfer Tigers Woods and cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi did.
- His gorgeous mother also made her debut in films – her debut film was Tere Baahon Mein.
- An ardent admirer of the tiger for its majesty and combination of beauty, fearlessness, power, royalty and grace, the reason Tiger adopted a four-year-old tiger Jaan, from Nagpur, is because it was his way of conserving wildlife.
- Tiger is a day dreamer. He admits that he visualises a lot of things at the same time but is most focused when he is working. An over-thinker, he tends to stress a lot. His sense of insecurity is what propels him to push the envelope.
- Now linked to upcoming actress Disha Pattani, Tiger’s first crush was his Israeli classmate when he was in the fourth standard. Daddy Jackie thought they looked so cute together, he even wanted them to get married!
- Tiger’s dishy looks come from an unusual genetic cocktail. From his paternal side, he is of Gujarati and Turkish ancestry while from his maternal side, he is of Bengali and Belgian descent.
- Before Tiger was signed on for his debut film by Sajid Nadiawala, Heropanti, there were rumours that in 2009 he had declined the lead role in the remake of TV show ‘Fauji’.The following year, it was reported that Subash Ghai would be launching Shroff Jr in the remake of his father’s 1983 film Hero, though this offer too was supposedly rejected. In 2011, Aamir Khan was reported to be keen on signing Shroff, but the talks fizzled out.
- A scintillating dancer, Tiger wishes to open a dance school for all including the underprivileged to hone the talent that goes unnoticed. His dance icon is Hrithik Roshan, whose dancing he finds effortless. Apart from their love for dance, Tiger believes he and Hrithik share similar philosophies about life and career.