Sonam Kapoor jumps into the literary-adaptation bandwagon. The actress has acquired the rights the rights of Singapore-based author Krishna Udayasankar’s bestseller series, ‘The Aryavarta Chronicles’, a modern retelling of ‘Mahabharata’ through the novels — Govinda, Kaurava and Kurukshetra that collectively comprise the series.
“I was zapped and star-struck when Sonam first reached out to me to let me know she’d enjoyed ‘The Aryavarta Chronicles’. It’s exciting that ‘The Aryavarta Chronicles’ series is in the hands of someone with great aesthetic vision,” confirms Krishna.
“Sonam was hooked to the books the moment she began reading them. That’s when she decided to get the books’ rights for a big screen adaptation,” says an insider.
Sonam who is busy shooting for ‘Veere Di Wedding’ was unavailable, but the author says that she is very excited to work with Bollywood’s fashionista. “Sonam’s passion for the story and its characters; and her down-to-earth attitude totally blew me away. I can’t wait to work with her,” Krishna adds.
Sonam has always expressed her desire to see more books being made into big screen adaptations. The actress is also curates interesting manuscripts, that are then pitched to producers and content creators, acting as a platform for publishing houses and filmmakers to exchange creative thoughts and ideas.
- Bombay High Court allows abortion in 30th week as foetus found to have birth defect
- Congress demands probe into mining lease renewals during Goa CM Manohar Parrikar’s last term
- News Alerts! PM personally negotiated and changed Rafale deal behind closed doors: Rahul Gandhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch Jan Arogya Yojana in Ranchi on September 23
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: 50,000 cops, 5,000 CCTVs, drones to be used as security measure during immersion on Sunday