New Delhi: Shreya Ghoshal has become the first Indian singer to make it to Madame Tussauds, with her wax figure set to be showcased at the upcoming Delhi wing of the musuem.
Ghoshal’s statue will be seen striking a singing pose.
“I am thrilled to be a part of history here at Madame Tussauds and it is an honour to be featured among such talented stars, artists, historians and renowned celebrities.
“To be immortalised forever is a fabulous feeling. With its brilliant concept, Madame Tussauds has always been famous for bringing joy all across the world,” she said.
Also Read : Singing live gives Shreya a high!
The installation seeks to celebrate her 15-year-long illustrious career, since her debut in 2002 with songs like “Silsila Ye Chahat Ka” and “Bairi Piya” from the film “Devdas”.
“We are pleased to unveil Shreya’s figure in the Delhi attraction. She is one of the most loved singers of today’s generation. We are excited to see our visitors sing along with her.
“She was one of the most requested figures for us to include in the attraction, and we are delighted to be able to honour those fans with this wax figure,” Anshul Jain, General Manager and Director, Merlin Entertainments India Pvt Ltd, said.
The museum, which will be housed in the iconic Regal Building, also will also have wax statues of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Congress leaders meet CAG on Rafale fighter jet deal, demand early report on ‘irregularities’
- OMG! Amyra Dastur injures herself on sets of ‘Mental Hai Kya’
- Dictatorship has become a profession under PM Narendra Modi government: Rahul Gandhi
- North Korea to shut down main missile site: South Korea President Moon Jae-in
- Delhi HC rejects plea seeking formula ‘behind’ petrol pricing