Let’s take a look at a few heroes who turned badass for a film but still managed to get applauded for their roles.
There was an era when the good guy would be worshipped and the villain was usually hated. Looks like the tables have turned and actors play villains better than villains themselves. In the recent past we’ve seen good boys turn bad for a role and the audience has loved them for it.
Vicky Kaushal: We saw Vicky Kaushal in the recent Anurag Kashyap film, RAMAN RAGHAV 2.0. Everyone loved the chocolate boy next door transforming into an aggressive and not so obedient cop. This bad boy in the movie was the favourite of all audience.
Tahir Bhasin: We saw this sweet looking boy in MARDAANI with Rani Mukherji. We hated him every single time he appeared on the big screen. He proved to be the gripping force in the film.
Ranveer Singh: The energetic Ranveer Singh played a subtle villain in LOOTERA and boy did we not love him for his role?
Varun Dhawan: What happens when the cute notorious boy from Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulhaniya turns out to be the brutal revenge seeking killer in BADLAPUR? Varun Dhawan’s dark side was revealed through the film and his acting touched a new level.
Hrithik Roshan: The heart throb, Greek god, known to stealing hearts played an international thief in the DHOOM 2. He plays the hot thief who definitely stole many hearts by the end of the movie.
- ‘Sunlight the best disinfectant’, says SC while allowing live streaming of court proceedings
- Aadhaar verdict: Justice Ashok Bhushan concurs with majority verdict
- Felicity Jones’ ‘On the Basis of Sex’ to open at American Film Institute Fest
- NASA spots silent Opportunity rover on Mars
- News Alerts! Supreme Court allows live streaming of court proceedings