Los Angeles: Actor Mark Ruffalo accidentally livestreamed a portion of “Thor: Ragnarok” from the world premiere of the upcoming film when he forgot to turn off his Instagram live.The 49-year-old star, who plays Bruce Banner/Hulk in The Avengers film franchise, inadvertently let the audio from the superhero movie kept playing at the event, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The gaffe engaged over 2,500 people on social media, listening in and commenting with a sense of wonder how long would it take before he ended the broadcast.Earlier, Ruffalo hit the stage to a round of applause at the El Capitan Theatre when he and his co-stars were announced through Jeff Goldbum (in character as the Grand Master)’s recording to introduce the film.
The actor could be seen pointing his phone at the audience to capture the moment.But as it turned out, he put his phone in his pocket while Instagram was still live after he teased the fans at the event.The audience present at the theatre, along with Ruffalo, could be heard enjoying the scenes, with the audio clearly audible to the ones listening via social media.
It was around 8.15 pm that Ruffalo cut the live feed. It is yet to be known if someone alerted the actor about the faux pas or if it was a poor Internet connection. Ironically, Marvel Studios had requested the audience members to turn off their mobile phones and had them locked away by the security staff before stepping in the theatre to avoid any piracy issues. “Thor: Ragnaorok” releases on November 3.
- Mallikarjun Kharge boycotts Lokpal selection panel meet again, 6th time this year
- Why no noise over cattle smugglers attacking gaurakshaks, asks RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- DJ, high-decibel music systems major noise pollutants: Maharashtra government tells High Court
- Shiv Sena MLA announces new party, to fight for Maratha quota
- Sewer worker’s death: Rahul Gandhi says PM Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat a hollow slogan