Mumbai: National award-winning actress Dolly Ahluwalia says she has no qualms playing sister to her actor husband, Kamal Tiwari on television show “Agar Tum Saath Ho”, reports PTI.
Dolly, who has won the hearts of audiences in Shoojit Sircar’s “Vicky Donor”, brings her quirky style and comic timing to television as ‘Darshi Bua’ on the show “Agar Tum Saath Ho”. With this show, Dolly returns to television after two decades. Aired on Zindagi channel, “Agar Tum…” has Dolly and her husband, the renowned theatre actor Kamal Tiwari, playing on-screen brother and sister.
“When I was told that Kamal will be playing my brother on the show, I laughed but I was never reluctant to play his sister on the show. It was very comfortable working with him as we understand each other very well…our pauses, our silence, our laughter, everything,” Dolly said in a statement here.
Also Read: Dolly Ahluwalia takes the lead
According to Dolly, husband and wife become much like brother and sister after living together for a while. “So it was not at all difficult to play this role,” she added.
“Agar Tum Saath Ho” centres around the journey of a rich Delhi girl, Neema (Ritu Barmecha) who marries a simple, middle class boy, Ravi (Hitesh Bharadwaj), much against her father’s wishes. The serial dwells into her life after marriage and how she deals with her meddling father.
- Triple talaq ordinance is ‘anti-Muslim women’: AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi
- RSS not against inter-caste marriage: Mohan Bhagwat
- India vs Pakistan: Just before Asia Cup clash, PCB tries trolling India on Twitter, makes a spelling mistake, gets trolled; read tweets
- Bigg Boss 12 unseen: Deepak Thakur’s singing makes Dipika Kakar all emotional; here’s the reason why
- Activists condemn government’s decision to make triple talaq penal offence, call it ‘politicised move’