Bollywood has introduced many talented actresses. Some of them are known for their beauty, and some of them are known for their acting. Amidst all, there was one actress in the 90s who made debut in one of the big films of 1997. Yes, we are talking about none other than, Anjala Zaveri.
Anjala Zaveri has worked in many Bollywood as well as south films but the actress failed to make a mark in Bollywood and remained forgotten for all.
So, on this Sunday, let’s take a look at some unknown facts about the actress Anjala Zaveri
- Anjala Zaveri was born on April 20, 1972, in London. She grew up in a conservative Gujarati family in Portsmouth, England.
- Anjala had thought of becoming an actress but wanted to find the balance between her studies and acting.
- Anjala completed her A-level studies and was about to pursue her career into medicine but took a break from studies for acting.
- Anjala was discovered by late Vinod Khanna who was searching for a fresh face to launch along with his son Akshaye Khanna for the film, Himalay Putra. In fact, Vinod Khanna had gone to London to organise a competition for fresh face debut where an agency sent him some pictures of Anjala.
- Due to her conservative family, Anjala was sceptical about working in films but her love for acting she couldn’t control herself to try her luck to act in Himalay Putra and made a debut with Akshaye Khanna.
- Apart from Himalay Putra, Anjala is popularly known for her role as Kajol’s friend and Arbaaz Khan’s love interest, Ujala in Salman Khan starrer ‘Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya’.
- In Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Anjala caught everyone’s attention with her sizzling dance number, ‘Teri Jawani Badi Mast Mast Hai’.
- Apart from Bollywood, Anjala has acted in many South films with actors like Nagarjuna, Mammootty, Chiranjeevi and Nandamuri Balakrishna.
- After facing back to back failure in films, Anjala got married to actor Tarun Arora who is reportedly 7 years younger to her.
- Anjala was last seen in the 2012’s Telugu film ‘Life Is Beautiful’ with Shriya Saran.